My assistants son, Riley (approximately 12.5-years old) will be keeping Lucy (approximately 5-months old) while I am away this weekend speaking at a conference, and all next week while I am traveling down south. It’s costing me $20 a day, which isn’t bad when you consider the going rates at a kennel. Still, I am putting together a bit of a to-do list for Riley. Got any suggestions on what I can add to it?
1. Daily feeding.
2. Daily walks (1 short and 1 long, total of an hour or so.)
3. Daily massage. Not deep tissue, just light upper back and shoulders and also hind legs.
4. Read her a story at bedtime. Nothing scary, just something about cats falling down or in embarrassing situations.
5. Daily verbal affirmations. (You look nice today, Lucy. We like you better than our dog Roxy, Lucy. We wish Roxy would run away so we could have you, Lucy.)
6. Help Lucy with her homework. Right now I am teaching he to bag her own poo.
Anything I am forgetting? Have a great wednesday.